Monday, December 15, 2008

Customer service FAIL

This is a follow-up to my previous post about the Xbox 360 "universal" remote that didn't work with the 360.

One thing that I didn't mention in my previous post was that, while I was searching the internets for a possible solution to my little problem, I submitted an online help request to Microsoft. In my request, I described the problem pretty much the same way that I described it here, albeit in more professional language. I told them what I had bought, described the steps that I had taken to correct the situation, and mentioned that their online troubleshooting guide provided little information on what to do with a remote that won't work with a 360.

Today, I received a reply from "Xbox customer support." The following is the important part of their message, copied and pasted for your amusement.

I am sorry to hear that your console is unable to detect the Xbox 360 Universal Remote Control and I understand that there is no visible damage on the infrared sensor of the console.
Things to try:
. Make sure that the remote control has new batteries.
. Point the remote directly at the infrared sensor next to memory unit slot A.
. Verify that the infrared sensor is not blocked or covered.
. Make sure that you use the remote control no more than 10 feet from the infrared sensor on the console.
. Close drapes and blinds during daylight hours to minimize any ambient infrared light.
I made it clear in my help request that I had read the troubleshooting guide, and their reply is nothing more than a direct copy of said troubleshooting guide.

How ****ing stupid to they think I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment