Sunday, December 14, 2008

Money (almost) wasted

I bought a Universal Remote for my Xbox 360 today. I figured that this would make it a bit easier to control videos watched through my 360.

Here's the remote that I bought:

Looks pretty nice, doesn't it? Well, looks can be deceiving.

When I got it home, I pulled it out of its plastic package (the kind that's difficult to open without C4), installed the batteries, pointed it at the 360, and hit the power button.

Nothing happened.

"Maybe the 360 needs to be turned on manually, since this obviously isn't a Bluetooth device," I thought. I got up, turned the 360 on, and hit the Xbox button.

Nothing happened.

I tried moving closer to the 360. I tried cleaning the infared ports on the 360 and on the remote. I tried changing the batteries. I tried programming it to work my TV (maybe it won't work until it's programmed).

Nothing happened.

There's a pattern forming here, and it's not good.

I scoured the internets, but the only advise that I could find was to change the batteries. Yeah, that's it...and that's straight from Microsoft.

At least we kept the receipt - this "universal" remote will be back at Target in no time.

Let this be a warning to all Xbox 360 owners - don't bother with this device.

No comments:

Post a Comment