Monday, December 7, 2009

Physics and Weird Al

Recently, I started reading The Elegant Universe, by Brian Greene. Yes, I read physics books for fun. Note the title of this blog if that seems odd to you.
Anyway, back to my story. *ahem* The other day, I was reading the chapter on Einstein's reconciliation of Relativity with Newtonian gravity when something very amusing happened. I encountered the following passage in the book:
"...the gravitational force between two bodies is proportional top the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them."
This passage activated a heretofore unknown earworm, and my brain started singing "Weird Al" Yankovic's Pancreas:
"My pancreas attracts every other Pancreas in the universe With a force proportional To the product of their masses And inversely proportional To the distance between them
Woo woo woo woooooo"

In fact, it happened again as I was quoting the book. How many geek points is something like that worth?

No comments:

Post a Comment