Thursday, October 18, 2012

100 Points

Every now and then I post a trivia question on Facebook, offering Geek Points to anybody who can answer it. These Geek Points are a lot like the points earned by "contestants" on Whose Line is it Anyway, in that they're entirely subjective, and of no real importance.

My most recent trivia question, valued at 30 geek points, was to identify the following image:

Only one person, a generally non-geek person at that, took a shot at answering it. Evidently, I'd underestimated the difficulty of the question. The friend who answered felt the same, saying "Only 30 geek points for that? Hate to see a 100 pt question."

Well, there was only one way to respond to that.

I immediately got to work, wracking my brain for difficult, unusual trivia. This took a while, as I have a wealth of utterly useless information stored in my brain. No, really - my head is full of it.

For a while, I believed that my greatest obstacle was Google. Google knows all, and is at everybody's fingertips. This appeared to be an insurmountable challenge, until I realized something. Using Google to answer a trivia question is calling Mike Tyson a wimpy little sissy boy.* You're only hurting yourself.

That being said, I now present to you:

The 100 Geek Point Trivia Challenge

For 100 Geek Points, what is the significance of the following:
Auriga, Cetus, Centaurus, Cancer, Scutum, Eridanus?

**WARNING**
Geek Points are only awarded to honest players. Dishonest players will receive Chamelioid Points. These points appear to be perfectly ordinary (and highly coveted) Geek Points until you actually take possession of them. At that time, each Chamelioid Point sheds its carapace and splits into five Douchebag Points.

You have been warned.

* - Mike Tyson is not a wimpy little sissy boy. I am. Please don't beat me to a pulp, it wouldn't even be satisfying.

3 comments:

  1. I know it's not BSG. I've never come across this before, but since I've seen a lot of other Sci-Fi I'm going to say it's some kind of Stargate reference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More specifically, the address of Earth among all adresses of Stargates. (can be seen in Solitudes)

    ReplyDelete